Design / Build
Design/Build contracts are best suited for projects that have a quick turnaround time, are complex in nature, and both initial and lifetime costs of the systems are significant considerations.
Because the contractor is involved in the design phase of the project, Design/Build can provide significant cost savings over traditional plan and spec work. The earlier cost savings are taken into consideration, the larger the impact. The chart below illustrates how an efficient well-planned design has a much greater cost impact than the value engineering work which takes place during the construction phase, well after the design concept has been completed.
Some other Advantages of Design/Build work include:
- Accelerated project delivery – Functions such as estimating, value engineering, and even construction can start during the design phase.
- Firm pricing early in the project – In comparison to plan and spec work, the owner is able to receive a firm price during the design phase.
- Single source of responsibility – Because designer and builder are the same company, the owner does not have to look to multiple sources for responsibility. The Design/Build contractor assumes all risk for the project.
- Promotes team concept – The designer and builder are on the same team. There are no adversarial relationships. The designer works closely with the builder to assure constructability and the most cost effective construction solutions.
- Feasibility studies and constructability analysis based on scope of the project, requirements for the user, site logistics and budget available.
- Property entitlement investigations and resolutions.
Allow us to assist with your due-diligence before you purchase/lease the building or property that you have identified.
We can develop schematic design or use existing to develop a preliminary budget to determine feasibility of your project.
CBS can competitively bid work while delivering the quality that has given us a strong reputation built on for over 40 years.
Want to be intimately involved with your project?
Let CBS help you identify viable subcontractors and suppliers for your project. We will prepare estimates, schedules, and subcontractors for the client to let to their subcontractors. This type of service can be structured in many different ways, depending on how involved the owner wants to be.
Commercial Building Services is proud to work together with Nucor Building Systems to provide you with a lasting pre-engineered steel building. For more information about this exciting construction option, contact CBS or visit the Nucor website via the link below.
Is your project over budget?
Allow us to implement our 40+ years in the industry to bring your project back into reality.
We do this through:
- Identifying areas where money is being spent unwisely.
- Searching for alternates.
- Recommending materials and methods that are more cost-effective yet maintain the integrity of the design intent.